Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23,2011

Good Morning Friends and Pray-ers!

This morning Margaret is at Memorial Sloan-Kettering. She will start her day with a doctor appointment and then will be receiving her first chemotherapy infusion. She will receive chemo infusions weekly and will be re scanned and re tested in a few months. For now however, we pray and give thanks to the good Lord that so much progress has been made in the field of cancer research. We give thanks for the scientists and doctors and research assistants that have put their hearts, souls and prayers into the development of the drugs and thanks giving for the many people who have entered into clinical trials over the years so that so many others can benefit.
I pray today for Margaret that the medicines she is infused with will be hard and do battle with those nasty cancer cells yet I pray that they will be gentle with her good cells. I pray for her and for all the doctors, nurses, technicians, medical assistants, secretaries and the multitude of others behind the scenes at Sloan that they too will be blessed abundantly with peace and all good. I pray for the cancer patients that are alone today and feel unsupported or unloved through their trial.
Please join with me today in prayer for our friend, sister, and deacon. Let us lift her up in a cloud of loving prayer, may she feel the healing graces of God's love. Let us pray her through the day!

3 comments:

  1. May God continue to shower you with his healing powers deacon Margaret. I witness as you gave of yourself this weekend to the teens of the diocese. They gained strength and wisdom from your words, may you continue to find strength and confort in God's words! The battle is not yours.

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the way home I recalled how normal it seemed sitting in a very comfortable recliner talking to my son, my sister and the nurse as she carefully did all she had to do to administer my first infusion which was scheduled to take 4 hours. The whole procedure did take about 4-1/2 hours. The thought hit me there is a time for everything and this is just a time. My daily meditation this morning encouraged me to continue to work in the Lord's name as there is still quite a lot of work out there to be done. I do recognize my new normal comes with what will be a compromised immune system so I will need to take good care of myself all on fronts: Spiritual discipline, Diet, rest, relaxation, play, medical discipline, and ministry in God's name not necessarily in this order at all times. As I write them the thought just came this is really not a new revelation and the order seemed to be spot on for this time in my life. This period is marked by so much love coming my way it causes big smiles and a warm heart. I thank God for all of those who pray for me daily, send me cards, e-mails and call me on the phone. Please know I am grateful and highly appreciative of your love and support and send love your way as well. I do apologize for not responding to all the calls and acknowledging all the cards and e-mails but please know I love you all. Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I walk hand in hand with Jesus in this time under heaven. I am able to walk in this time under heaven because of the love of God but also in part (a significant part) because of your prayers. Peace and love to you my sisters and brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Margaret,

    It's so good to hear from you. I feel privileged to pray for you each morning and somedays throughout the day while doing laundry, driving or walking my dogs.

    "Good God, the creator of light and darkness, You who move the sun and the stars, move us into the place of light, a light so large that it will absorb all the darkness." -- Richard Rohr

    Much love, jer...

    ReplyDelete