Thursday, April 14, 2011

God is Faithful

Yesterday I reached the halfway point of my treatments. I was a little more tired than usual as a result of the night before. Plumbing problems caused a lot of anxiety. God however gave me quite a hug as I dicovered a bible reference written on a receipt as I cleaned off the dining room table that night. The reference was Jer. 29:11. When the plumber left it was almost midnight but the problem was only a clog in the main sewer line and not what I first feared. God continues to give me a hug whenever I am in dire need of one. I am so gratedful for all your love and prayers which contribute greatly to my peace as I live into the hope, both now and eternal. As we move into Holy week may you all look to the hope our faith makes possible. The hugs he provides via all of you keep me smiling and for that I thank God. Loads of love to all of you . Peace, His Peace. I ask your prayers for 8 year old Niamh and her mom Petra as Niamh undergoes extremly painful and difficult antibody treatment for stage 4 cancer. In his love. Margaret

1 comment:

  1. Dear Margaret,

    I'm sorry I've been away so long. I think about and pray for you each day, but I just haven't gotten around to checking in on you. I was in the midst of listening to a retreat lecture by Larry Gillick, SJ (he's wonderful; let me know if you want and I'll email an audio series to you) and knew it was time to push the pause button and get in touch with you.

    I love Jeremiah and God hugs!

    "Yes, I know what plans I have in mind for you, Yahweh declares, plans for peace, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope".

    What a beautifully powerful piece of scripture that God left for your discovery at that time.

    I've probably told you -- at a time when most people of leaving the Catholic Church, I am being Confirmed at the Easter Vigil. For me, it's simply a call that I hear from God to become part of the Church and make the voice of the marginalized heard. So, please pray for me on Saturday -- my big day! I'm at the John XXIII in Albuquerque. Although many of us come from different religious and/or denominational backgrounds, I believe there is a kinship and treasure the love of God that we share.

    I continue to pray that God lovingly heal you and I will also pray for Niamh and Petra. I pray that God shoulder the pain for you all.

    Wishing you a peace-filled Holy Week.

    In God's Love,
    Jer...

    ReplyDelete